The beginning of 2017 has gotten off to a great start here at Minnows; we are into our last few weeks of term 1 so time for an update of what’s happening!
Swimming is no different to any skill, it takes regular practice to master the strokes so that we can swim efficiently. With the majority of children swimming at school there is not only some great improvement in swimming skills but also in your children’s awareness of water safety and survival.
Minnows has been teaching children to swim since 2003; I hear some great stories of past pupils who continue to compete in swimming at a high national level, participate (and in 1 case win gold) at the under 14 world surf lifesaving champs, or go onto other water based sports such as water polo, underwater hockey, kayaking, water skiing or synchronized swimming. All of these sports fundamentally require a good swimming foundation which is the fundamental aim at Minnows Swim School.
After many years of maintaining the same preschool timetable there will be some changes in term 2 2017. There will no longer be any preschool lessons held on Friday mornings; there will however be lessons on the following days-
Tuesday & Wednesday - 1.15pm to 2.45pm
Thursday 9.30am - 12pm
Fridays 1pm – 3pm
After school classes
Monday to Thursday 3.15pm - 5.45pm
Fridays 3.30pm - 5.30pm
TERM 2 BOOKINGS
All parents need to complete the booking form that is currently at the poolside regardless of whether their child will be swimming in term 2 or not. This only takes a moment to either or alongside your child’s name.
• Please wash your cup and keep area around tea & coffee clean
• Ask your children to put the toys back into toy box when they’ve finished playing
• Remember that your children are YOUR responsibility when they are not participating in a lesson… for example, running around the pool side, hanging off the roof structures or pool gate are not acceptable
• Keep noise level to a minimum
• Please do not interrupt teachers during lessons (except in an emergency situation)
School swimming sports are all about having fun and giving it a go! Encourage your kids to get involved and do their best; if they remember all they’ve learned at Minnows they’ll do well!